Information on Bills and Permits

For ATV license:  After you have your ATV inspected drop the application and the 25.00 into the drop box and you tag will be mailed to you.

For burn permits:  Call the City office at 836 7108 and you will be assigned a number.  This will be good for 30 days.

For dog tags:   put a copy of the proof of rabies shots along with the money in an envelope and we will mail you the dog tag.  (if dog has been neutered the fee is $5.00 if not it is $10.00 per dog)

Water and court payments can be made on the website at or call the City office at 836 7108 and we can take payment over the phone using credit card, debit card or electronic check.  You may also put payments in the drop box.

Application for new water service is also available on our website. Once you fill this out, put in drop box along with the $50.00, we will contact you to set up a time to turn water on. Or you can scan it in and email it to [email protected], then you can go on our website to pay the connection fee or call the City office at 836 7108 to make payment over the phone

Message from the Mayor



The health and safety of our citizens and staff are most important. Thus, with the development of COVID-19 and recommended guidelines, Mayor Mike Fulton has authorized Carbondale offices to take following measures:

  • City Hall offices will be closed to the public beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020.  
  • Municipal Court scheduled for Tuesday April 7th is cancelled. All cases are continued to Tuesday May 12, 2020 @ 4pm
    • Court payments may be made on line at click on Pay my Municipal Court Fine under “I want to”
    • Phone 785-836-7108
    • Drop box for cash and checks—located outside the front door of City Hall. 
  • All City services will proceed as normal and without interruption, including water, sewer and trash utilities & police service.
  • Utility Bills will continue to be due on the 10th of each month and monthly bills will continue to be mailed at the first of every month. Utility Bill payment is available:
    • Online at  click on Pay my water, sewer & trash under “I want to”
    • Phone: 1-785-836-7108 
    • Drop box for cash and checks—located outside the front door of City Hall.

No events will be scheduled at the City Hall Community Room until further notice.

Any other concerns may be addressed by phone @ 785-836-7108 or email [email protected].

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,

Mayor Mike Fulton