Water Rates & Policies
Listed below, you will find the City of Carbondale current water rates and policies. If you do not find the information you need, please contact our office and we will provide it for you.
Should you experience a problem with your water, please call the phone numbers provided. We will do everything possible to locate the problem with your water service.
Household or dwelling, business and non-profit organization rate within the city limits:
- a minimum charge of $27.50 for up to the first 1,000 gallons of water
- $8.25 for each additional 1,000 gallons or fraction thereof.
Multi-unit dwelling rate:
- For each monthly period, all owners of multi-unit dwellings, including but not limited to apartments, duplexes and trailer courts served by one water meter
- a minimum of $27.50 per occupied unit in the dwelling
- $8.25 for each additional 1,000 gallons over and above the 1,000 gallons minimum per occupied unit,
- The owner shall notify the city water office on or before the fifteenth of each month that their multi-unit dwelling is less than full capacity.
Household or dwelling, business and non-profit organization rate outside the city limits:
- minimum charge of $29.35 for up to the first 1,000 gallons of water
- $11.11 for each additional 1,000 gallons or fraction thereof
- For water dispensed and sold at the bulk water station, a charge $.75 for approximately 60 gallons, shall be assessed.
- Base rate of $33.25 for the first 1,000 gallons
- $2.17 for each additional 1,000 gallons
Multiple Family Dwellings per unit in the dwelling
- Base rate of $33.25 for per unit dwelling;
- $2.17 for each additional 1,000 gallons over number of units times 1000 gallons.
- Vista View Apartments operated by the Carbondale Housing Authority will NO LONGER be exempt from this charge.
Commercial; Churches, Fraternal Organizations; Organizations; the United States Post Office
- Base rate of $42.47 for the first 1,000 gallons;
- $2.70 for each additional 1,000 gallons