Open Records

Open Records provides a mechanism for citizens to inspect or copy government records. It also provides for times in which governmental bodies may elect to, or are required by law to, withhold government records from the public. The City of Carbondale supports a transparency within our local government. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us by email or phone.

The City Clerk is the designated Freedom of Information Officer (FIO) in charge of all open records of the City; except Municipal Court and Police files. Requests pertaining to court or police matters must be submitted to the appropriate department. 

Additional duties of the FIO include:

  • Record & publish all ordinances, resolutions, and other City action as required by law
  • File all records; invoices, personnel, reports, general correspondence, etc.


If you have more questions you can review this site: KORA FAQ - Kansas Attorney General's Office (