Listed below are those rules deemed necessary to maintain a safe and orderly pool operation. The lifeguards and pool supervisors are responsible for maintaining a safe and orderly facility-THEIR AUTHORITY MUST BE RESPECTED BY ALL.
The following is a list of our visitor’s policy. They are general in nature and SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS A FINAL LIST.
1. Persons entering the pool will pay full admission price unless a season pass has been purchased or a promotional pass has been issued. An exception can be for adults in street clothes with a child 4 yrs. old and younger. However, if a parent or caregiver is dressed in a swim suit and gets in the zero entry or regular pool with their child they need to pay for admission.
2. SHOWERS MUST BE TAKEN BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL AND MUST BE RETAKEN AFTER RETURNING FROM THE OUTSIDE.
3. RUNNING, ROUGH PLAY AND PERSONAL CONTACT ENDANGERING THE SAFETY OF SELF AND OTHERS in any portion of the establishment shall be prohibited.
4. No cells phone are allowed in bathrooms. Signs must be posted on both bathroom.
5. Diving is permitted only in the deep end of the pool.
6. No FOOD OR BEVERAGES in the pool. NO Outside food or drinks allowed.
7. No glass items, including suntan oil, will be allowed on the premises.
8. Intentional destruction of pool property, including writing on walls, defacing tables and benches, etc. will result in suspension.
9. No loitering or horseplay in the bath house.
10. Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices will be allowed for use at the pool. Children using approved flotation devices must be within arms reach of someone 14 years or older.
11. Foreign objects including rocks, towels, etc. are not permitted in the pool. Toys are allowed in the zero entry part of the pool only.
12. Guards are not to visit with patrons while on Guard stand or roaming on side of pool. NO EXCEPTIONS. If someone needs to visit ask them to wait till you’re on break.
13. Management is not responsible for loss of any personal belongings.
14. CHILDREN AGES 8 AND UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPAINED BY AN ADULT (14 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER). No exceptions.
15. Loitering on or near the ropes is prohibited.
16. Abusive language, obscene gestures, and public displays of affection will not be tolerated.
17. All swimmers must wear proper swimming attire.(exception is T-shirts may be worn to prevent sunburns)
18. Admission to the pool will be refused to all persons having skin diseases, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, or any communicable disease.
19. In the event of thunder and/or lightening the pool and decks must be cleared immediately and remain clear for 20 minutes after thunder is last heard. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather.
1. Must be able to meet minimum regulation height. No exception even for private parties
2. One person on ladder.
3. Sitting position only.
4. Life guard on duty at all times when slide is open
5. No standing on slide to throw any object to others. No Exceptions!
6. No playing around on slide.
7. Slide does not have to be open the entire time pool is open.
21. Diving Rules:
1. No diving from the lifeguard Stand.
2. No diving in the shallow end.
3. No backflips.
4. Divers must swim to nearest ladder.
5. One bounce on the board.
6. Only children that can swim are allowed to go off diving board. And children that can’t swim are not allowed to be jumping into the deep end.
7. Wait until the person is at or past the exit ladders before diving.
8. Only one person on board at a time.
22. NO SMOKING THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE FACILITY!!! Except in Smoking Area outside of fence on east side of bath house/building.
23. No one under the influence of DRUGS or ALCOHOL is allowed at the pool.
24. NO SEXUAL HARRASSMENT will be tolerated.
25. DISCIPLINE POLICY:
1ST Violation: Warning
2nd Violation: 15 minute detainment from the pool
3rd Violation: Dismissal from pool for one day, an incident report must be filled out.
4th Violation: Repeated violations will result in expulsion for the week and ultimately,
Termination of pool privileges for the season. An incident report must be filled out.
26. POOL CLOSING POLICY:
Pool Closing will be determined by the discretion of the Pool Management.
1. Must be accompanied by adults. Mush have 1 adult to 4 kids. Adults must be in pool with children
2. Must notify pool manager or head lifeguard 2 day in advance.
ABSOLUTELY NO RAIN CHECKS!
CITY OF CARBONDALE